Senior UX Analyst & Designer
Invesco US | October 2014 – Present, Houston, TX
- Senior UX Analyst & UI Designer for Investor US where primary focus is on research, analysis, and design of the user experience for web and mobile applications
- Work on multiple Agile Scrum teams in roles of UX Analyst, Designer and Product Owner
- Collaborate with other Product Owners, Analysts, Developers, and Business Stakeholders
- Design and facilitate user testing; conduct research and analysis; produce reports and other deliverables
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and detailed visual mocks, along with style guides and production guidelines for development
- Serve as the Invesco brand ambassador for the Digital Marketing team, regularly meeting with the Head of Design to assure that all digital products align to the overall brand vision for the company
- Act as Accessibility and Usability Lead, creating guidelines for development and running accessibility scans for the US site in order to proactively correct any accessibility issues
- Assist in the front-end web development of Invesco websites with hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Act as a technology resource for the UX team as well as provide guidance to the UX development team for responsive design and web production techniques
Invesco US iPhone & iPad Apps:
- Serve as lead UX Analyst/UI Designer for the Invesco US iPhone & iPad apps
- Work with product owners and developers to determine the functionality and interactions of key components in the app
- Create detailed style guides for the mobile developers to follow as well as all visual assets
- Conduct in-person moderated as well as remote un-moderated user testing of the apps
- Designed a new events feature that was recently added to both the iPad and iPhone apps that allows users to view Invesco events they have been invited to, view the agenda and materials, add notes and create a list of session favorites
Invesco US Website:
- Served as the UX Analyst/UI Designer and Product Owner for the Featured and Trending feature that was recently launched on the Invesco US website where I led the development of the product on an Agile SCRUM team
- UX/UI Designer for the Investment Education section on the site, which recently (2015) won a Mutual Fund Education Alliance Star award
- Lead UX Analyst/UI Designer for the redesigns of the Invesco corporate and Invesco US sites, which include extensive research and competitive analysis, content strategy, as well as on-going user testing
UX Design Consultant
GobySavvy UX Reviews |
July 2015 – Present (Remote)
- Remote consultant after hours and weekends
- Conduct expert UX reviews, producing detailed reports for clients that outline outstanding UX issues and solutions for improvement, and also act as project manager and UX Designer for projects with clients across the globe
- Performed expert review of a CRM for the mortgage industry that led to the contract to redesign the CRM where I was the UX designer on the redesign project
- Performed expert review of a CMS Page Builder that led to the contract to redesign the Page Builder where I was the Project Manager and UX designer on the redesign project
Freelance UX & Design consultant
Michelle Pakron Design | December 1998 – Present
I have freelanced and consulted for the entirety of my career on the side. Over the years, I have taken on projects where I have: redesigned and built websites, designed logos and brand identities, created print marketing materials, and provided copy writing and content strategy services.
Director of Creative Content, SharePoint Manager & Subject Matter Expert
Mississippi Interactive, subsidiary of NIC, USA | July 2011 – August 2014, Jackson, MS
- Served as Creative Director and lead designer, creator of several award-winning projects, responsible for the overall creative strategy and vision for MSI projects. Served as manager, mentor and trainer to junior staff members.
- Was the In-house SharePoint Subject Matter Expert responsible for providing direction on appropriate uses of SharePoint, designing and building SharePoint sites, training staff on how to use SharePoint, and serving as site collection administrator.
- Responsible for the strategy, design and build-out of three iterations of the state portal for Mississippi, ms.gov, as well as served as web master for the portal. Created content and functionality updates based off data received from Google Analytics reports and user surveys.
- Managed Google Analytics and Google Custom search.
- Responsible for creating and delivering print documentation and in-class training for State Agency partners.
- Involved in designing, building, and testing the user experience for various websites and applications for state agencies including mobile applications.
- Worked with project managers and operations staff in creating specifications, time estimates and timelines, resource planning, client interaction and product pitches as well as client support.
ms.gov: I was the product owner behind the multi award-winning ms.gov from 2011-2014. I steered the redesign and content migration for the initial redesign in 2012, as well as the two subsequent design refreshes in 2013 and 2014. I determined the UI, content, site architecture, and functionality, and created functional requirements for developers. I also served as the SharePoint expert for the project, integrating all design assets into the CMS by creating custom masterpages, page layouts, lists, libraries, data view web parts, and custom workflows. I also was responsible for all media queries and responsive design, browser and device testing, and user acceptance testing. In addition, I served as the webmaster for ms.gov, providing direct customer support through email and form submissions. UX tasks included competitive research, content and functionality audits, and stakeholder interviews. Marketing tasks included writing award submissions and press releases, providing technical oversight on content written by other team members for ms.gov, and creating actionable plans for ms.gov based off research gleamed from Google Analytics and surveys.
Sr. SharePoint Consultant
Particles Collide | July 2013 – October 2013
I was a SharePoint consultant for this interactive agency, focusing on SharePoint branding and ux.
Web Development Team Lead, Web Designer, & SharePoint Subject Matter Expert
Stewart Enterprises | September 2001 – June 2011, Jefferson, LA
- Managed a web development team consisting of web developers and content producers and functioned as the SharePoint Site Administrator for our company intranet.
- Responsible for meeting with clients and collecting business needs, creating functional documentation, wireframes and information architecture, designing and producing web sites and applications, and QA testing.
- Managed second-level help desk support that group provided for all webs sites and applications.
- Responsible for all interface design, SharePoint configuration, customizations, search administration, and site usage analysis.
- Managed large web projects utilizing members from multiple groups and departments.
- Functioned as web master for company intranet. Utilized analytics and customer feedback to create actionable plans to constantly improve the intranet and all related sites and applications.
SEnet, the Stewart Intranet: For nearly a decade, I was the lead for the company's intranet. Working with developers and web production staff, I designed and maintained a custom-built intranet for over five years. In 2006, I led the complete rebuild of the intranet utilizing SharePoint 2007. I was able to recreate the majority of all custom-built functionality using the features inside SharePoint, reducing the need for development assets significantly. As part of the redesign, I created a new architecture that was task-based versus department-based, increasing the usability of the intranet in the process. I created dozens of Best Bets within the SharePoint search feature to further aid users in finding content.
Retention Solution: In 2010, the company decided to move away from a file-system based company to an asset management solution. Initially working with hired consultants, I teamed up with our SharePoint farm admin to redesign the solution created by the consultants due to numerous technical inadequacies in their solution. We utilized SharePoint to create department sites that had custom libraries that used the built in information management features to assign every file a specific retention period, from 1 week to 10 years, and wrote custom workflows to generate the delete times that the information management policy used to automatically delete the items. Each department site utilized a custom site template allowing each team to collaborate internally.
>> Read more about the retention solution that I helped create
Vi-Comm | March 2001 – September 2001
I led a team in designing web and interactive projects for this design firm.
Active Pixel | June 2000 – February 2001
Built web and interactive projects for this web design firm.
Web and Print Designer
Cynthia Hutchinson Communications | December 1998 – March 2000
I worked as a freelance web and print designer for this communications firm.
August 1994 – May 2000
University of New Orleans
I completed the graphic design program as well as minors in psychology and studio art. Courses included: Graphic Design 1, 2, and 3; Illustration; Computer Graphics; Painting 1, 2, and 3; Photography; and Senior Project in Graphic Design (an interactive presentation created with Director).
March 2016, UX certified, Nielsen Norman Group, License UXC 1012024
April 2015, Certified Usability Analyst, Human Factors International, License 2015-5485
March 2016, Houston, TX // NNG UX Week; UXC certified
September 2013, San Antonio, TX //
NIC Tech Conference //
August 2012, Park City Utah //
NIC Tech Conference //
Co-presenter, Fireworks for Web Design
October 2011, Louisville, KY //
NIC Tech Conference
March 2011, New Orleans, LA //
October 2009, Las Vegas, NV //
Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2009
July 2008, Nashville, TN //
SharePoint Solutions: InfoPath and Workflows training class
March 2008, Seattle, WA //
Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2008
December 2007, Houston, TX //
SharePoint Experts Branding Bootcamp
September 2007 Nashville, TN //
SharePoint Solutions: Advanced Features of SharePoint training class
June 2007 Nashville, TN //
SharePoint Solutions: Extreme Makeover SharePoint Branding training class
October 2004 Cambridge, MA //
User Interface Engineering Conference
October 2002 Orlando, FL //
Macromedia Developers Conference
- strategy & business analysis
- web project management/ Agile Scrum
- UX analysis & design; User Centered Design methodology
- Usability testing - remote & in-person, moderated/un-moderated; scripted; user interviews
- User Interface design
application interface design
mobile UI design for phones & tablets
- HTML & CSS
functional specifications/technical writing
user training & demos
site audits & recommendations
Google Custom Search Administration
Google Analytics Analysis & Reports
- SharePoint Branding, Customizations & Administration (2007 and 2010 versions)
- mac and pc
Sketch and Fireworks CS6
- UXPin, Axure, & InVision
- Illustrator CC
- Photoshop CC
- Word and Excel
- Rally, Slack, & Basecamp
SharePoint Designer 2007/2010/2013